Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2nd day at Sea ~ 2/2/09



Met up with about 7 female passengers in a sunny spot with a beautiful view at the back of the Lido Restaurant and taught a beginner crochet class. They left after 1 hr with the beginnings of a Potholder or a Scarf.

For lunch we found the Mongolian Grill and the Taste of the Nations Indian Grill. Yummy!

The rest of the day was restful until all had to dress elegant for the 5pm Captain’s Cocktail Party and 545pm Captain’s Dinner.

No sooner than we ordered dinner more excitement erupted . . . a lady in distress & her husband were weaving there way thru the tables and had made it to the left of our table near the next waiter’s stand which had his plates of food piled up on it & about that time the lady grabbed her husband coat jacket as she passed out and fell with a thud to the ground pulling her husband and the dishes down on the floor around her. There was bedlam for a little while & then the Doctor came and eventually took her to the Medical Facilty.

Later on we watched the best spectacular show I have seen in a long while starring the Carnival Splendor Dancers called ~ “Fiesta Latina.” The costumes, voices and dancers were absolutely fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to find your blog. Now I know the fun I am missing while held up in a rehab facility. I will be joining the ship in Buenos Aires on the 17th.

    Would you please relay a message to my sister, Vesta, in 6409? Tell her I am doing well, am almost off pain meds except when doing physical therapy (I won't be so loopy when I arrive.), and can't wait to join ya'll!
    Thanks so much. I will enjoy your blog until embarkation. Carolyn (lizzielady)

    ReplyDelete